Marshall Point Lighthouse is one
of the many lighthouses still in operation located along the Maine coast and
located near Port Clyde on Penobscot Bay. Built in 1858 the lower half of
the 24-foot, cylindrical tower was built of granite, and the upper half of
brick. The lantern was made of cast iron and housed a fifth-order Fresnel
lens showing a fixed white light. The cost for the new lighthouse and its
modern illuminating apparatus was $5,000. Image made with a Hasselblad Camera
on 120 Ektachrome 64 film.